Crush on CHBB

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Crimson Groves by Ashley Robertson


My review for: Crimson Groves (Crimson Series)
Ashley Robertson

I was lucky enough to have won “Crimson Groves” as a first reads on goodreads, and I have to say that it was a excellent and spectacular book!!! WOW what a book.

...
Thank you so much Author Ashley Robertson for the chance to enjoy “Crimson Groves”, the first in the series.

Crimson Groves revolves around the main character Abby, who works as a bartender at a upscale restaurant. Abby has been going through a huge rough patch in her life for the last 6 months.
She receives a phone call from her estranged father out of the blue on night at work, and he wasn’t calling to catch up on things or even to say sorry for walking out on her and her mother all those years ago!!! Nope, he was calling for one reason only… to WARN her, to tell her that they know HOW SPECIAL she is, and that they are coming after her!

Abbey doesn’t have a clue what he is talking about.

That very same day as she received the call from her father, a strikingly handsome man (Bronx) walks into the bar where she works, they seem to have a instant connection. (or is it?)
Abby welcomes the new found friendship, (I was yelling at Abby, NO….. watch out) after a couple of hours of chatting with him, when she gets off of work Bronx offers to walk her home, (yikes) he has a hidden interest in Abby… RUN Abby RUN, don’t go with him. Why oh why don’t kids listen to what their parents tell them? Don’t they know we say things for a reason? *shakes head*

Crimson Groves captivated me in the first chapter, and it had me totally surprised with all the paranormal unexpected twists and turns that were so well placed throughout the whole story. I found Ashley’s writing style so intriguing that I read this book in three nights!!! (I actually read it twice)

This paranormal book is packed full of suspense that will keep you reading well into the night, phenomenal characters, love, betrayal (LOTS), vampires, (love them) and o much more than I’m willing to say because it will give away some spoilers in Crimson Grove.

If you haven’t started this series yet you really are missing out on a spectacular read. And I suggest that you take a hard look at it… Author Ashley Robertson will have you hooked and coming back for more, and wanting more just like it has me. I LOVED, LOVED it and can’t wait to get my hands on book #2, Crimson Rain to see what’s happening to Abby.

Mental note to self:
GET CRIMSON RAIN

The Crimson Series
Crimson Groves
Crimson Rain

Recommend: YA
Rating: 4.5/5 angel stars

Angel Anne Reviews
 

2 comments:

  1. This sounds AWESOME!! Definitely going to have to be put on my TBR list!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's on my TBR list too. :) Thanks for following the blog, Carrie.

      Delete