Crush on CHBB

Friday, October 19, 2012

Hot & Forbidden (De La Cruz Saga) by P.T. Macias







Interview ~ P.T. Macias author of De La Cruz Saga

 
When your characters offer you writing advice. Do you take it?  
When I’m writing, my characters are alive directing their story. The scene, emotions and tone are transmitted to me as I write. I feel their anger, fear, happiness, dreams, goals and sorrow. I see the scene, their corporeal positions and their facial expressions. So the answer to this question would be yes, lol.                                                                                   

Is there a particular moment in time when you realized the “author life” must happen for you?

Honestly, no. I woke up after dreaming my saga for a couple of months and realized that I needed to write their story. I always dreamed when I was a young girl that I would love to write some romance novels. I never made the effort to write. I’m lying; I did get a notebook and attempted to write. I didn’t get far. I would write and throw the page away (Lee-Ann, remember there weren’t any laptops, pc’s in that time. I didn’t even own a typewriter.) I grew up, married and had my children. Life demands and family life was my priority. So any thoughts on writing were pushed back in my mind.  

Do you have a character who, upon creation, you loved to hate?

OMG, this is not a fair question. In this saga, I love every character, yes including the cartel, El Mextli. Every single character is special and, as a writer, you can relate to this. They become your babies.

Your blending of cultures in the De La Cruz series lends a very unique style to your story (personally, I appreciate when an author adds authenticity to her work.) How did the idea of adding “Spanglish” into your novel arise and what steps did you take to overcome any language barriers for your readers?

This is a very interesting question because it’s truly a unique style. Well, I don’t think too unique; I mean I don’t believe that I’m the first to write like this. I did win a poetry contest in high school back in 1981. My poem won first place and was written in Spanglish. That said, maybe I have always thought of writing in Spanglish.

You also have to remember Santa and Jose Feliciano also had some hit songs back in the day that were in Spanglish. In the Hispanic media, there have always been articles, magazines and television shows that have a lot of Spanglish. It’s very common in areas that the Mexican-American, or should I say Latin-Spanish speaking cultures that have blended. The modes of conversations are often in Spanglish. The sentences are usually 50/50. We are thinking in both languages, so when you speak, you use the word in Spanish or in English, whichever word comes first in your mind. Of course, I’m referring to the persons that do know both languages. 

I also thought of the readers that don’t speak Spanish. I did put a glossary in the back of the book. I also hope that this is an enjoyable method of learning very basic Spanish words. I also attempted to use the same Spanish words in the story.

Why did I write my novels in Spanglish? I wrote the De La Cruz Saga in Spanglish because they are a Mexican-American familia who live in California. This familia has blended Mexican and American culture into their life. This is a norm in the Mexican-American community. The Spanglish also gives the story the authenticity and also the flavor of our culture. I also wanted to transmit some of the Mexican-American culture and traditions in my story.

How did the De La Cruz saga come to be?

I dreamed the De la Cruz Saga for a couple of months. The characters wouldn’t let me be. I kept dreaming about them, thinking about them, until I understood. I finally realized one morning that I needed to write these stories, this saga. I bought a laptop and started to write.

While I waited for the laptop to arrive, I did some rough story plots and used a calendar for a timeline. I created the characters and the book titles. I also thought about the book covers.


Hot & Forbidden is heartbreaking, tantalizing and exciting.  Nicolas De La Cruz and Daniella De La Cruz fall in love. Their love rocks their world flinging them into pain, despair, and ecstasy.  

Nicolas is hot, sensitive, and captivating. Nick’s amor for Daniella is intense and passionate. Daniella De La Cruz is hot, sexy and sweet. Nick and Daniella recognize that they are alma gemelas (soul mates).

Nicolas De La Cruz leaves la familia to work in Washington. The close knit familia has no clue to the cause of the emotional rollercoaster that rocks Nicolas’ world. La familia is mystified and disturbed with his departure.

Daniella De La Cruz is expecting a bebe. She refuses to tell la familia who is the padre (father) of her bebe. Daniella dreams of the day she is reunited with her bebe’s father, her alma gemela.

Their love rocks their world. The forbidden is enticing and painful. Can they overcome the obstacles that threaten their amor? The familia’s secret is the key to unlock their love and set it free.
 


Excerpt ~
        “Amor, don’t cry,” whispers Nick, hating to see her cry.  “I hate this.” He takes her mano and strides over to the other side of the department store toward the baño.  Hmm, this is a familia baño, he thinks as he walks into the baño with her and locks the door.
        “Nick, I’m such a crybaby lately, and I love you.  I want to shout to the entire world that you’re todo mio,” whispers Danni, pulling him down for a hungry beso. “I need you.” she says, undoing his pants and pulling him out.
        Oh, mi amor is killing me, thinks Nick, pulling up her skirt and pulling off her panties. Yeah, she’s so ready, he thinks. Nick sinks his aching shaft into her tight hot heart, kissing her with todo his amor.
        “Baby, si, I need more,” says Danni, devouring his mouth. “I love making love with you.”
        “Danni, you drive me loco, I’m burning up,” says Nick as they reached their release together, bonding their alma as one. Hmmm, si, Danni is so delicious and sexy.  Making love in the baño is hot.
        “We can get caught, amor, but I want some more,” moans Nick, going down to her sweet heart, rubbing his cara into her hot flesh. Oh yeah, mi favorite and I’m going to have some. She looks so sexy on the counter, tasting her, holding on to her hips, pulling her up. Hmmm, si, so sweet, I love tasting all of her sweet soaked flesh.
        “Baby, that feels good,” whimpers Danni. “I want some, Nick, now.”
        “Si, amor,” says Nick, shoving his throbbing shaft into her tight heart, fast and hard, loving every moment of her tight hold. Nick moans out his pleasure, quickly kissing Danni. Oh yeah, this is heaven, and I love making love to mi amor.


No comments:

Post a Comment