Crush on CHBB

Friday, October 5, 2012

Phoenix Rising (Phoenix #1) by Michelle Stevens

My review for: Phoenix Rising (Phoenix #1) by Michelle Stevens
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Jacque Burford

Take a step back to the 80's and meet Beth. She just doesn't have any luck with men including the one she dating. Until one day she is introduced to the world of computers and BBS. Enter in the Keeper and despite a humiliating moment her luck has changed. Follow the journey of the Phoenix as she rises from the ashes.

Oh wow, what can I say? LOVE the book. What a sweet love story. To find love in the last place you would think considering the world of computers in the 80's. I feel complete empathy for Beth. Who hasn't dated a guy that won't go away? I know I've dated a few 'Jims' in my time. The characters are completely likable and anybody who lived through the 80's will recognized the computer terminology. If you don't, may I suggest Googling it.

This is the first book I have read by Michelle Stevens. I find her very well written. Her story flows nicely with humor and honesty anyone that has dated can believe. I look forward to the next chapter in Beth story as well as more books by the author. Very well done Ms. Stevens! You can find it free on Smashwords.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment