Crush on CHBB

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Lucky 13 by Morgan Kearns

My review of: Lucky 13 by Morgan Kearns
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars
Review posted by Aneesa Price, romance writer and avid romance reader / advocate.

Sometimes a reader is lucky enough to stumble across a new author and fall in love with his / her work. And that's precisely what happened when I per chance bought Lucky 13!

I'm actually rather picky about my romance reads as it is both the genre I write in and prefer to read. Morgan didn't disappoint me in any way with this book. I found myself laughing, crying, stressing and going through many other emotions during this read. In fact, I couldn't put it down and after finishing it, I felt compelled to by another of her books.

Like any good romance, there's a guy (hot of course), a girl (beautiful - go figure - with some insecurities) and an engaging plot rife with inner conflict that the characters need to overcome. Mostly - and to me this is the differentiating factor in romance books - it is a story well told and excellently written. This skill sorts the good books from the great ones and is indicative of a story-teller.

I look forward to reading all her work and to the next story after Lucky 13 too!

Morgan Kearns Amazon Page

No comments:

Post a Comment